Business communication quotes. Productivity quotes. Quotes on team collaboration.
Do you read these phrases and yawn?
Well, that won’t happen in this article. Instead of being a bore with all the ‘famous’ communication quotes, we plan to inspire you with the words of wisdom shared by the best of the entrepreneurs, world leaders, and experts who excelled in their fields.
Learning about the wisdom acquired by experts always helps you get an insight of what really matters - what are the areas you should aim for and how to get on-point.
Yes, they are overused and sometimes trivial, but they are popular and loved for one simple reason – they are meaningful and they actually work. The collaboration, productivity, and communication quotes for the workplace shared in this article are short, but very powerful. Let’s go at them one by one, and get started with quotes on communication.
1. “The two words information and communication are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through.” - Sydney J. Harris
2. “Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening.” - Emma Thompson
3. “Your ability to communicate is an important tool in your pursuit of your goals, whether it is with your family, your co-workers or your clients and customers.” - Leslie C. “Les” Brown
4. "The strong man is the one who is able to intercept at will the communication between the senses and the mind"
- Napoleon Bonaparte
5. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” - Anthony Robbins
6. "The more we elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate." - John Boynton Priestley
7. “Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.” - Jim Rohn
8. "Communication works for those who work at it.” - John Powell
9. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” - Michael Jordan
10. "Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language." - Walter Elias “Walt” Disney
11. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” - H.E. Luccock
12. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” - Patrick Lencioni
13. "The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime." - Babe Ruth
14. "Email, instant messaging, and cell phones give us fabulous communication ability, but because we live and work in our own little worlds, communication is totally disorganized." - Marilyn vos Savant
15. "I have always believed that technology should do the hard work – discovery, organization, communication – so users can do what makes them happiest: living and loving, not messing with annoying computers! That means making our products work together seamlessly." - Larry Page
16. "Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing." - Rollo Reece May
17. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” - Ken Blanchard
18. “Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork, communication and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” - Mattie Stepanek
19. "Communication is about being effective, not always about being proper." - Robert “Bo” Bennett
20. "The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said." - Peter Ferdinand Drucker