Seven in every ten entrepreneurs believes that the biggest obstacle to their company's success is inadequate communication between the team members.
Delegating tasks, managing mega-projects, and maintaining continuous collaboration with the team members are some of the most crucial responsibilities of a team leader. The same responsibilities can result in a ‘lost chance’ in the absence of proper communication with all team members and apt collaboration throughout the project.
Of course, any task completion or project management becomes a lot simpler when the company has the right set of tools to execute, control, and manage all processes of project management. That’s the reason why all companies today swear by project management tools.
With the majority of companies adopting software project management tools, there has been an increasing demand for team collaboration tools. But with over a hundred project management tools available at a swipe of a finger, the selection of the right management tool can be a daunting experience. These tools are available with different features, unique functionalities, and distinct pricing-which can all be very confusing if you don’t know what will fit your business needs.
To simplify the selection, we have made an unbiased comparison of the fifteen best project management tools and software. Follow this article, learn about the exclusive features of each tool, and make your decision after going over the pros and cons we've listed below:
Best Project Management Tools
Trello, is hands down, one of the most popular task management tools with features that promise to boost your company's productivity, make task assigning, project tracking, and management more straightforward than ever.
Why Trello is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Trello is best for project management as it allows the user to create a board, add steps in the workflow, assign the task, invite the team, and track the work progress on the same card.
• The user can dive into detail through adding attachments, checklists, sharing files, and project due dates to each card-all of which make collaboration very easy.
• Integration with slack, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, and other productivity applications
• Irrespective of where you go, the tool stays synced across your devices.
• Trello has Business and Enterprise plan, both priced at $9.99 and $20.83 per user, monthly.
• Business and Enterprise plan have per-file attachment limit of 250MB.
• Unlimited team boards
• Unlimited scheduled commands
• Custom stickers and background
• 2-Factor authentication
• Easy Data Export
• No Gantt Chart
• Tasks get limited to only one board
• It’s available only on iPhone and Android
This work management tool can scale your business tasks to a new level of productivity and efficiency. The platform is designed in a way a user can easily follow the assignments and project through each stage, eliminate roadblocks, and structure project as required.
Why Asana is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Task assigning and organization is way more straightforward with Asana as it allows users to set goals and create milestones.
• One can assign tasks and share details with team members.
• Allows creation of visual projects, pinpoint risks, and implement changes.
• Premium and Business plan are priced at $9.99 and $19.99 per user, monthly.
• Task and list view
• Due dates and Assignees
• Calendar and board view
• Advanced search and milestone reporting
• Private projects and teams
• UI delays
• No-time tracking
• No multi-member tasks
This tool covers all aspects of business management. It makes communication with the internal and external team easy and allows project management on the board. It's great for managing small and mid-size projects because of multiple collaboration tools which help the job get done.
Why Basecamp is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• The tool has a very simple UI, and the support is excellent.
• The set up to manage the task, report to clients, and seek an update from team members is as smooth as it can be.
• The Automatic check-in feature allows the team leader to keep track of tasks under progress.
• The tool allows 500 GB of file storage with unlimited projects and users.
• Basecamp has a one-for-all plan of $99 per month, per enterprise. This is irrespective of the total number of people working in the company.
• Centralized feedback and discussion
• Automatically progress summary
• One-for-all plan of $99 per month
• Too much simplicity
• No tags
• No reporting and time tracking
• Cluttered organization of attachments
Bitrix24 offers state-of-the-art team communication with exclusive project and task management. With this online project management tool, the companies have the freedom to manage clients, assign tasks, track project milestone, and enjoy secured internal communication.
Why Bitrix24 is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• It has the majority of collaboration and communication features like social intranet, user groups, document management, chat and video, and email integration.
• Bitrix24 has an exclusive HR management system.
• Customizable Kanban board is available for project tracking
• It’s a powerful CRM tool with features like lead and pipeline management and sales automation
• Online storage limits up to 50 GB and 100 GB in CRM+ and standard plan.
• CRM+ and standard plan are priced at $69 and $199 for all users of a company, monthly.
• Gantt Charts
• Task Dependencies & Project workgroups
• Multichannel customer helpdesk
• Automatic time tracking & Task templates
• A bit complicated to use because of extensive features
• Lacks fine-tuning configuration
This leading team collaboration and task management tool has features that simplify workflow, streamline project tracking, increase the productivity of team members through centralized collaboration. It lets you create, collaborate, plan, customize, and plan everything that needs your team members to be on the same page.
Why Wrike is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• The tools allow a project plan to turn into a robust strategy and a schedule into a streamlined workflow.
• Wrike has advanced project management features that align your team and to set priorities and work faster.
• The app allows easy integration with Google, Salesforce, Github, JIRA, Gmail, Microsoft One Drive and Adobe Creative Cloud.
• The business plan allows storage space up to 50 GB and 15 GB monthly video upload limit.
• The professional and business features can be availed at $9.80 and $24.80 per user, monthly.
• Wrike has advanced add-on features like Wrike Extension, Wrike Proof, Wrike Resource, and Wrike Lock.
• Shareable dashboards
• Subtask Management
• Gantt Chart and Graphical analysis
• Calendars and Time Tracking
• Real-time scheduled notification and shared reports
• Advanced Integration
• Difficult breaking-up of tasks
• Cluttered interface
This management tool facilitates file organization with ensuring smooth communication between team members. The best thing is easy accessibility and navigation which allows users to check, edit, and update ongoing tasks.
Why Redbooth is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• It has an interactive dashboard with all necessary details
• One can create tasks, make comments, add files, edit due date, and manage the task as needed.
• Managers can catch a glimpse of who’s doing what.
• All files are centrally located.
• Integration with Box, Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Zapier, and Zendesk.
• Pro and Business plans are priced at $9 and $15 per user, monthly.
• The business plan has a storage limit of 50 GB, but with the Enterprise plan, it can be exceeded up to 500 GB.
• Unlimited Workspace
• Resource Management
• Time Tracking
• Success Manager
• Advanced Subtasks
• No advanced feature for task management
• No recurring task
• Non-customizable workspace
ProofHub is an all-in-one task management tool compact with numerous contemporary features that can address your business necessities in real-time. The unified business tool has features that can speed up your workplace processes, document review procedure, generate reports, simplify tasks through boards and workflows, and give a visual timeline though Gantt Charts.
Why ProofHub is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Proofing, White-labeling, Custom roles, Multilingual interface, Kanban boards, Task management, Gantt charts, Time tracking, and file management are the elite feature.
• Proofhub allows integration with Google Calendar, Google Drive, Box, iCal, Freshbooks, Onedrive, Evernote, and Outlook applications.
• The Ultimate control plan allows unlimited users, unlimited projects, and the storage capacity of 100 GB with all the core features.
• The Essential and Ultimate Control Plan starts at $45 and $89 per month, per team.
• Users can opt for IP restriction to avoid unauthorized access to their accounts.
• The supported platform includes windows and Android.
• Advanced Search
• Notes taking
• Project Manager and Templates
• Discussions and Chat
• In-app Notifications
• API to connect with third-party tools
• File Versioning
• Not very user-friendly
• Comparatively slow in uploading and downloading
• Too many notifications
This web-based task management software is one of the best business collaboration tools which has numerous customizable options that facilitate project completion on time. Companies can add different workplaces depending on their work requirement, and through these features team members can collaborate efficiently.
Why Podio is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Podio assures streamlining your business tasks in a way everything is organized, and there is no room for distraction and confusion
• Structured task management where one can assign the work, discuss the details, attach files, and add comments.
• Seamless integration with GoToMeeting, Dropbox, Google Drive, Email, and Excel.
• Podio frontend is developed on the API, which makes integration of API operations simple.
• Podio is free for a team of five members. The primary and plans are priced at $9 and $14 per user, monthly.
• Feedback and review workflow with clients
• Automated calculations and progress reporting
• Insight to improve operational productivity
• Compatible on iPhone and Android
• No time tracking
• Difficult interface
This is one of the best project management tools that allow your team members to work efficiently by getting them all on the same page. The key features include project planning, task scheduling, time tracking, and project management.
Why Paymo is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Prime features of free version include Kanban and meta Kanban boards, to-do-lists, file sharing and community support.
• For small businesses, Paymo has features like advanced reporting, integrations, project templates, and advanced task management.
• Paymo supports integration and API with primary social interaction and collaboration tools.
• The small-office plan has a storage limit of 50 GB, whereas the Business plan offers unlimited storage.
• Small-office and Business plan can be availed at $9.56 and $15.16 per user, monthly.
• Invoice and Estimate features
• API and Integration
• Resource Scheduling & Gantt Charts
• Online Remote Assistance
• Difficult to navigate
• Difficult to learn for beginners
With Agantty, you can manage and organize project, teams, and task through Gnatt Chart and Graphical representation. You can monitor and administer numerous tasks and teams through a single account, and look up to an organized dashboard.
Why Agantty is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• With Agantty, you can create as many projects as you want, and drag them to Gnatt chart view for visual tracking of the project process.
• The task can be grouped very easily, and multiple members can be invited to assign part and access rights.
• The tool guarantees a high level of data protection and encrypted file transfer
• This is the only free tool with premium features.
• Project creation
• Task assigning
• Inviting partners and friends
• Drag and Drop
• Task progress tracking
• Available for free
• Difficult breaking-up of tasks
• No API
• No Integration
• No Speed Optimization
And Co from Fiverr is one of the high rated tools that a great many features. Not only does this software has invoicing, proposal, and contract features, but it works more like a project management tool with features that help users manage on-going tasks and completing the project within the due date.
Why AND CO is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• It is an excellent tool for freelancers who work on Platforms like Fiverr, and require to keep track of their on-going projects.
• Task management is made easy with features like proposal and contract, payment and invoicing, expense tracking, and time tracking and report generation.
• There’s a free plan that allows one active user, and the paid plan starts at $18 per user, monthly.
• Integration with Asana, Google Docs, Slack, MailChimp, and Dropbox.
• Customizable invoice
• Set recurring tasks
• Time-sheet sharing
• Multi-device syncing and tracking
• Contact management and time-tracking
• No Gantt Chart
• Very Limited Integration
Teamwork has an appealing and eye-catching design which is similar to Trello and Basecamp. Apart from the sharable notes, direct messaging, tagging, invoice generation, some features let you create milestones for ongoing projects and assign tasks through email.
Why Teamwork is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Gantt charts, reports, time tracking, and subtasks reporting are the key features.
• The tool facilitates integration with email, iCal, Google Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook.
• The tool allows excellent document management with Dropbox, SVN, FTP, and Google Drive.
• It is compatible with iPhone, Window phones, and Android phones.
• There are pro and premium packages priced at $9 and $15 per user, monthly.
• With premium package file space of 250 GB is available, and with Enterprise plan, the limit exceeds up to 500 GB.
• Helpdesk for improved customer care
• Team communication software
• Documentation management
• Automated marketing workflows
• Inability to import tasks of large size
• Comparatively slow and time-consuming
Get all your business needs at one place with Freedcamp as this is one of those tools that simplify business organization at an advanced level. Not only does this tool boasts of task lists, Kanban boards, Gantt Chart, but it also has all other features you need to accomplish your business goals on time.
Why Freedcamp is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Key Features include drag-and-drop tool, task and subtasks management, personal and private tasking.
• Task Management features include calendar, milestone setting, discussion board, documentation, social communication, time management, and issue tracking.
• Supported Platforms are the App Store and Google Play Store.
• There are three packages titled Minimalist, Freelancer, and Business package, each priced at $1.49, $3.49, and $7.49 per active user, monthly, and billed annually.
• Invoice Generation for clients
• Project Templates
• CRM solution
• Task Board and Widget Board
• White Label
• No reporting features
• No time tracking
• No Gantt Chart
This is a visual task management app whose main functionality is to provide high-level project transparency to the team members. The tool covers all workplace task that involves delegating responsibilities, scheduling timeline for the work that needs to be done, and keeping track of progress made.
Why Flow is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Key Features include project planning, priority setting, task tracking.
• Kanban boards for simple checklists.
• Project dashboard for project tracking.
• Visual mapping of deadlines and task progress.
• Easy management of resources and workload balancing.
• Basic Flow plan is available at $4.79, and the pro plan starts at $7.099 per user, monthly.
• Team Collaboration
• Resource management
• Project tracking
• Catch-up feature
• All Integrations
• Public API
• Unlimited tasks and Projects
• No Gantt Chart
• Difficult to get used to
This is an easy-to-use tool specially designed for software developing companies. The interface is straightforward, with no crammed features, and just simple UI. What makes it great for Software developers is the predictive analytics, real-time project management and tracking.
Why Clubhouse is suited as the best Project management software tools of 2019:
• Anyone can create a project, add tasks, assign roles, set milestones, and track the progress.
• Team members can reflect on daily chores through Kanban boards while focusing on the big picture.
• For teams up to ten members, the monthly plan of $8.33 is available.
• For teams up to ten members, a monthly plan of $8.50 per user is available.
• One can chart the project update and generate a progress report.
• API access
• Unlimited workspaces
• App integration
• Dedicated account management
• No innovative feature
• No time tracking functionality
Companies trust in project management software to ensure all tasks are done on time, the project meets the deadline, and the workload is balanced for standard time management. Since these tools ensure project success, enhance the efficiency of resources, and increase organizational productivity, they are becoming an integral part of the majority of small, mid-size, and larger enterprises. Not only do these tools help with project estimation, tracking, and planning, but they also have collaboration features that make task assignment and resource scheduling very simple.
Though we've shortlisted best of the project management tools, the final selection of one app can still be overwhelming. If we were to pick the most promising tools out of all these, we'd vote for Bitrix24. This tool has got all the features that you need to kick-start your team’s collaboration for business projects. You can also go for ProofHub. With these tools, the only area where you’ll have to compromise with is its pricing. These may fit the requirements of large enterprises, but given its expensive packages, it makes for a costly choice for small businesses.